My First Thanksgiving!  

Posted by Aayush in ,

Erik and Helen had us over for a great Thanksgiving day at their beautiful villa in Whitefield. It was a perfect day for a picnic, the sun was out, blue skies and a cool breeze! Almost the entire DWA family was there and it was to be a fun and eventful day!

Beer and cocktails flowed freely, there was amazing food and snacks, a variety of sports were being played by children of all ages, people were taking PK's new Bullet for test rides; all in all a great day! Things got really interesting when the caterer managed to spill some fuel and set Helen's drawing room on fire! Fortunately, I was at hand to turn saviour and rescued the home and the party! My extinguisher of choice - a 2L bottle of Sprite! No bakwaas!

The turkey dinner, catered by my favorite Bangalore restaurant, The Only Place on Museum Road, was delicious! It was the first time I had an authentic Thanksgiving turkey and I loved it!

Unfortunately, Uma could only join us at around 7PM after work, by which time most people were really tired from all the volleyball and were ready to head home.

I had a great day, thanks to the efforts put in by Helen and Erik, so a big Thank You! goes out to them! I'm really looking forward to other holiday celebrations in a similar fashion, especially Holi!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers

Archives

Counter